? ??????????????It's A Boy (New)? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??3 Grabs Today. 1414 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????????????????Baby Phat? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.8 (9 Ratings)??3 Grabs Today. 2425 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, June 11, 2009

I wouldn't call it an addiction...just passing time

Friday ( June 5) I started reading the second Twilight book New Moon. I have to admit that I only made it through the first 100 pages of the first book Twilight and stopped. It was good and Stephanie Myer is a great writer but I had watched the movie and I never like to watch a movie and then read a book. I like to read a book and then see a movie so I can say how much better the book was! I love the suspense of what is going to happen in a book and if I have already seen the movie then it has been revealed. I know that in almost all cases the book is better and I am sure that it is true in Twilight but I love the suspense and knowing what was going to happen ruined it for me....back to where I started... I decided that since I had quite the free time coming up with Richy being in Honduras I would start the second book and give it a try. I had heard from several friends that if I didn't get into the first one, then move right on to the second and try it out. I appreciate the advise from Katie and Casey because I really enjoy the second book. So much so I read it cover to cover in 3 days. ( please remember my baby is still cooking in the oven so he doesn't take any of my time, my husband is in Honduras, and I am a teacher with a two month summer vacation....hence the free time) On Sunday I picked up the third book anticipating that I would probably finish sometime that day and wanted no delay between the two books. Sure enough by Sunday night... I guess Monday morning ( my sleeping habits are way off right now) I was done with the first book and a third of the way into the third book (Eclipse). At 2:30 Wednesday morning I was finished with the third book and trying to figure out how I could get my hands on the forth and final book at 2:30 in the morning. I started thinking clearly and decided to attempt sleep instead of a "book run." Wednesday I picked up the forth book and I am now a third of the way through it. I have stared somethings at home and I am trying to finish those before Richy returns so I don't think I will move so quickly through this one. I don't think I am addicted, I have just had ALOT of free time. I really like the Twilight books....still not my favorite series but obviously good enough to keep me going.

2 comments:

CaseyPike said...

Yay! I am so glad you are reading them! The 4th book is the best too. oh and I think i fixed my comment thingy. Courtney told me it wouldnt let anyone leave any.

Josh Courtney Jacob Caden said...

They are such good books... glad you like them! We will have to go see the 2nd movie together, if I am in town!