? ??????????????It's A Boy (New)? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??3 Grabs Today. 1414 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????????????????Baby Phat? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.8 (9 Ratings)??3 Grabs Today. 2425 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Sick Day....

Today I took my first sick day as a teacher. I have been dealing with bad allergies since this summer. I went to the doctor in July I was given medicine and told to come back in three weeks. During that three weeks I got a new job and could not take off. So..four months later I am still sneezing, sniffling, coughing, and scratching my eyes. I finally woke up this morning and said enough. I went online and put in for a sub, emailed my lesson plans, and called the doctor. I in fact do have allergies and have to take two pills a day for the next four weeks. At four weeks he will see if he can take me off one, but I may be one of those people that has to take something everyday to control the symptons...Anyways...I write all that to say I AM TERRIFIED TO SEE WHAT MY CLASS WILL BE LIKE ON THURSDAY. The main reason I have waited til now to take off is I pride myself in my super clean and organized classroom and I fear that when I return tomorrow it will be a mess. I have seen what happens when subs are in classrooms and I fear that happening in my room. I will post later to update on what it looks like. Pray that they were able to do some work and I won't have to spend the next three weeks recovering.

p.s. Hamilton County so graciously gave a 1% raise. (10 whole dollars added to a paycheck!) and a bonus! Yay!

2 comments:

Josh Courtney Jacob Caden said...

Oh no Britt I am sorry you are not feeling well, but congrats on the raise! How nice, I miss you!

LTF said...

I hope your classroom was ok when you went back!!