? ??????????????It's A Boy (New)? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??3 Grabs Today. 1414 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????????????????Baby Phat? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.8 (9 Ratings)??3 Grabs Today. 2425 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Coming Soon August 2009


As many of you may know and some may not, Richy and I are expecting our first child this summer. My due date is August 23, 2009. We found out that I was pregnant on December 17, 2008. It had been about 57 days since my last period and I knew something wasn't right. Two weeks before I had taken a pregnancy test and it was negative so I didn't think I was pregnant. So Wednesday night I was at Wal-Mart with my sister and the pregnant thought re entered my mind and I said, " would it be silly if I bought another test?" Her reply was, "no why else would you not have period." So I bought a two pack and went home to take the test. Immediately after urinating on the stick it read pregnant. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. So I drank a bottle of water and an hour later I repeated the process and it too read the beautiful word...pregnant. The next morning I called the doctor and that afternoon I went in for blood work. I was called back the next day to be told indeed I was pregnant and everything looked good. I went in the following Monday and gave more blood to ensure my levels were good and they were. That weekend we told our families and after that the news traveled fast. We enjoyed Christmas and New Years. I enjoyed a very relaxing trip to Augusta to visit Courtney and finished enjoying my time off from work. On January 6 we went for our first visit. It was a three hour visit. I gave them lots of blood. We chatted with Kay the nurse practitioner at my OB and we saw our baby for the first time. It was amazing watching something so small. The ultrasound was reading me to be only 7weeks 5 days and if calculated from the first date of my last period (Oct. 20) I should have been 11 weeks. So we had to return for another ultrasound today (Jan. 20). This ultrasound was a lot better and we could see arms, legs, the head,and we heard the heart beat. It once again amazed me. Richy was so excited he didn't know which screen to look at. It was very funny. The ultrasound tech made the comment that she hadn't seen a dad so excited in a long time. It was so amazing to see our little olive (that's what size it is this week) waving its little arms and legs at us. The ultrasound did reveal that I am 9weeks 2 days and my due date is August 23. We found out really early and my mom keeps saying..it is going to be a long year, but I am excited and taking in everyday because I know it won't be long.


Richy and I are very excited and we are just asking for your prayers during this time. This is a big responsibility that God is entrusting us with and we are asking anyone that will to pray for guidance, a healthy pregnancy, and a healthy baby. Thanks and we love you all!

9 comments:

The Sandefurs said...

Richy just left our house awhile ago and said you were at home, probably watching reality TV, but no, you were updating your blog w/ pictures of your little peanut!!! So, so excited for you guys! I can't wait to see your sweet baby! Enjoy every moment...

Anonymous said...

I'm thrilled for you guys!!! How exciting. It may be a HOT summer for you but at least you won't be working at that point.

Lindsay Adkins said...

Congratulations Brittany!!! I hope you have a healthy pregnancy :)

The Bates Family said...

I love this baby so much already! I just want to hold him/ her! I can't wait till it gets here! I actually can't wait till you find out what you are having so I don't have to call it "it." Love you guys! All three of you!

Craig, Meredith, and Knox said...

So happy for you both!! I kept looking at your blog hoping that you have updated it so when I looked today and it was I was very excited. Looking forward to seeing you guys soon. Love you! Meredith and Craig

Anonymous said...

Congrats. I have always thought you would make a wonderful mommy. Can't wait to see the little one.

Josh Courtney Jacob Caden said...

YAY!!! I am so so so excited! You two are going to be great parents. I cannot wait to come see you in a couple weeks and see your little olive!
PS I will try not to say any of those really annoying comments we talked about! :)

LTF said...

Yay! I am so excited for the both of you. You are great with children and will no doubt be even better with your own!

Natalie said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! :)