? ??????????????It's A Boy (New)? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??3 Grabs Today. 1414 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????????????????Baby Phat? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.8 (9 Ratings)??3 Grabs Today. 2425 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Rivermont...who would have thought?

I graduated in May with a degree in Early Childhood Education and I am certified to teach pre k-3. Since the end of April I have been working as Richy's office manager and seeking after a teaching position. I have had several interviews but nothing was turning into a permanent position. At the beginning of July I heard through some friends at church that an interim position was going to be available at McConnell Elementary for the upcoming school year. I didn't really want an interim position but McConnell is such an amazing school it would be worth it. Well at the same time I found about this position from a friend the principal had made many trips into the eye doctor's office that my mom works for. My mom being the mom she is told her I was looking for a job and set up an interview time with her. I met with McConnell's principal and had a great talk with her. The positions that she had to offer were only temporary and may or may not turn into something permanent. She showed me the classrooms but told me to call her in a week to ensure that I did not miss out on a permanent position to accept her interim. I called her once a week for the next three weeks. During this time I had no phone calls for possible positions. Wednesday July 30 I received a phone call from the HR dept for the Hamilton County Schools. I was offered a first grade position at Orchard Knob Elementary. I asked the lady if I could call her back after I thought about it. As soon as I got off the phone I called the principal at McConnell and she said I was going to call you this afternoon let me call you back. Later that afternoon she called me back and said that she had just heard about a Kindergarten position at Rivermont Elementary and had put a recommendation in for me. She said that she would love to have me at McConnell but she wanted me to have a place to "nest." So I got off the phone with her and called the principal at Rivermont and set up and interview for Thursday at 1:00. I went to the interview and I thought it went well. The principal was great and I could just tell great things are going to be happening this year at Rivermont. I left the interview and prayed that something would be set in stone soon. Friday morning I received and email from HR saying they needed and answer for the Orchard Knob job. I began to feel very overwhelmed. I didn't want to turn that job down and then not get the Rivermont job. I was scared of ending up jobless. I prayed that the Lord take control and at 1 o'clock on Friday I was offered a job as a kindergarten teacher at Rivermont. I accepted the position and I start Monday. Throughout the whole summer so much stuff was unknown, but the Lord was teaching me patience and was making me wait for the right job. I feel such a peace about this position. Kindergarten has always been my first pick and I feel so blessed that the Lord agreed and provided me with this job opportunity. Since I was little I have always played school. I made every play school, and now it is real. I am very overwhelmed but I am so ready. I know this is my calling and I can't wait to run with it! This weekend was tax free weekend and I was able to buy my favorite things....school supplies and now it is totally justified!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Brittany!!! You will be an excellent teacher! So happy for you.

LTF said...

Yay! I am so happy you found a job and are feeling good about it! Good luck today!!

Sandra said...

Congratulations Brittany! What a wonderful position and you're there because you waited on the Lord! I have a friend who taught at Rivermont for years and LOVED it! You are so good with kids and I know you will be an amazing teacher!

Love ya!
Sandra

V-n-J said...

Congrats Brittany! Hope your first day is wonderful:) you're going to be a wonderful teacher:) so happy for you.

The Sandefurs said...

Woo Hoo, girl!!! Congrats to you!! I'm so glad you got the exact job you wanted.

Anonymous said...

I am excited for you. You and Austin are both starting Kindergarten this year. Okay, maybe it's a bit different. You are great with the kids and those kids are lucky to have you as their teacher. Congratulations.

Lindsay Adkins said...

congratulations on your job Brittany!!!! God is so faithful :)

Josh Courtney Jacob Caden said...

YAY! you are going to be a great kindergarten teacher!